Thursday, January 26, 2012

Work of an artist.

There can be no limit to the extent of creativity a person can have. I'm sorry I'm no art expert, or someone that can easily interpret a message an artist is trying to portray to his viewers through his work.

Mark Jenkins, an american artist whose work I came across on Oliver Phillips' blog, has completely changed the way I look at art installations. Not the usual stuck-in-a-museum-or-exhibition-space type of sculptures. His work can be found in London, Moscow, Tokyo, even.
His sculptures are mostly(or, all?) street installations. He uses clear tape to create his sculptures. Some of which are made to look realistic enough to resemble human figures.

Jenkins' practice of street art is to use the "street as a stage" where passersby become actors.

Sounds very William Shakespeare to me. "All the world's a stage".

Imagine walking down the street seeing this:



Here are just some of his work. Enjoy the pictures.



The second one scares me a little though.
Images taken from http://xmarkjenkinsx.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment